Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, February 20, 2009

Austin and Mommy trip

Austin and I took a trip this past week to my mom's house outside of Nashville. David went on a medical mission trip so we decided to take a road trip by ourselves. We had big plans to head to Nashville for a few days and see high school and college friends and then head north to Cincinnati to see 2 of my closest friends and their kids. Unfortunately the Cincinnati trip was canceled because my 2 friends (plus 2 of the 4 kids) got sick. We were so sad to not make it to Cincinnati. We stayed longer in my hometown though and hung out with great friends. We have missed daddy more than words can express. I don't know how single parents do it. You are amazing! It is not easy taking care of a child all by yourself but we had a great time. Austin was a trooper as I toted him all around town meeting old friends.

These are the children of 3 of my closest friends from high school. There are 2 more on the way.

I have watched these 2 kids grow up for the last 11 years.  I babysat them when they were little and have continued to be a part of their lives.  They were in my wedding almost 6 years ago.  They met Austin for the first time this week.  It was pretty surreal to see the kids you have known since they were 3 and 5 holding your child.  

No comments: