Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

1st time swimming

David and I took Austin swimming for the first time last night. We had the best time. He did wonderful! I am a big advocate for children starting to swim at a young age (6 months is when I think you should start) because then they will never know a time that they weren't in the water. You need to teach your children to love the water but still keep a healthy fear of it. You always discuss water safety with them and how they must have mommy or daddy with them to get in the water. (I am obviously getting off on a tangent...being a swim lesson instructor and coach for 12 years will do that to you). Anyways...we had the best time watching him experience it for the first time.




3 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Y'all are so fun! I know you are so very proud of Austin!

EBW said...

What a cutie!!! Yay, Austin! Loved those little legs pumpin' - he's ready!

Anonymous said...

so precious! this makes me smile!!!
love you
ashley