Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, April 23, 2010

Easter morning

I just realized I never blogged about our Easter weekend. We had a wonderful Easter weekend. We went to a concert at the Levitt Shell on Saturday night. Our church, Independent Presbyterian Church, hosted a free concert with Sandra McCracken and Derek Webb. David's parents attended the concert with us and we had a great time. We packed a picnic dinner and enjoyed the beautiful weather and great fellowship with friends.
P4030137
Being rambuctios with daddy
P4030138
Hanging out with the Grandparents
P4030143

Sunday morning Austin woke up to a basket and bucket full of goodies. He loves playing outside so he received lots of outside toys for Easter.

P4040145
We gave him a few eggs filled with raisins and cheerios as an extra treat during breakfast.

P4040147
P4040148
We got him dressed and had to take some pictures in his Easter outfit in front of his goodies.

P4040149
He loved opening the eggs and seeing what was inside.
P4040154
We tried taking some family pictures before church. He wasn't very cooperative but still looked precious!
P4040166
My 2 boys
P4040165
Trying to get a family pic, not very successfully
P4040171
Austin and his grandparents
P4040169
We are so thankful for the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for our sins. Because of Jesus sacrifice, we are promised eternal life with Him. Easter is a sweet reminder that because of Jesus death and resurrection, one day I will be reunited with my sweet son.

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

No comments: