Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! David was on call the night before but got off in time to make it to church. When I got home from church, there were beautiful flowers for both Forrest and I, some tasty treats, and a new CamelBak for me to use while biking and running. The best gift was spending the whole day as a family. We don't get a lot of days like that because of David's busy work schedule. We ate lunch together, took a nap together (Austin in his crib), went and visited Forrest, visited David's grandma, and ate dinner together. It was a very special day. David knew it was going to be tough on me because not only was it Mother's Day but it was the 10th which is always hard on me. Forrest would have been 20 months old. Even though I have the most precious son here on Earth with me and I am so thankful for his life, I still miss Forrest every day. I wish he was here to play with his brother and for me to hug and kiss on.
Austin wanting to touch the flowers at Forrest's gravesite
Mommy telling Austin all about his brave big brother
I wish I was holding both my boys and not visiting one at his gravesite
Austin with his great grandmother Grace
He loves Grandma Grace

2 comments:

The Mitchells said...

You brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing on my blog so that I can read about your family. Thank you for reminding me that, although Ella isn't as we would have picked...she's here. I look forward to reading your blog more and being cyber friends. We already share a small bond and I've never met anyone else with the same Group B issue, so I look forward to talking to you more.

Andrea

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the sweetest, most awesome mommies I've ever met! Praying for you!