Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Saturday, May 23, 2009

triathlon

I did my first triathlon last weekend and really enjoyed it. My friend Halley and I trained for a few months and competed at the Memphis and May Mountain Bike Triathlon. The swimming was great, the biking was hard, and the run was pretty good. David, Austin, and Ron (my father in law) came to watch along with some friends from church.

Austin watching the race.

My biggest supporter.

Halley and I in our wetsuits before the swim.

Before we started the swim in the lake. 

Mountain biking in the grass and trails.

Crossing the finish line. My official time was 1:36.07. I placed 2nd in my age group.

I was exhausted. 

5 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Wow - I am in awe! That is such an accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself!

EBW said...

way to go, brit!!!!

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you b!!!
love you
ashley

bec said...

Good job Brit!!! Proud of you!
Bec

Anonymous said...

A wet suit?? That's why I didn't do the triathalong
Jennie B