Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, March 29, 2010

Busy weekend

The Spence clan had a busy weekend. I flew out last Wednesday to Palo Alto, CA for a conference Le Bonheur sent me too. It was a conference on Parent Mentoring and working with families who are dealing with a critically or chronically ill child. The hope is for me to formalize a training manual for other parents to become mentors at Le Bonheur. It was a very informative conference and I am excited to see the project come to fruition in Memphis. I flew back in Saturday evening and was thrilled to see my boys.

David's parents kept Austin during the week and David was in charge of the weekend. I called numerous times (a day) and Austin was having the best time with his grandparents and daddy.

On Saturday David took Austin to a function at Le Bonheur and then to his first Easter Egg Hunt.
You can see how Austin spent his first Easter Egg Hunt. He fell asleep on David for an hour and half and didn't collect 1 egg (fell asleep with food in his mouth).
Such a sweet picture of how much Austin loves his daddy. Right before he fell asleep, he had a big fall so that is why his lip is huge. He has a busted lip and little chipped tooth from falling.
I was actually a little thrilled that I didn't miss him participating in his first Easter Egg Hunt. We plan on going to one this weekend. They seem to all fall in the middle of nap time though. That is crucial in our household.

No comments: