Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

busy, busy, busy

These 2 boys are keeping me busy, busy, busy.  They are both into so much and have so much energy.  Miller is very curious and getting into everything and Austin just doesn't stop (except to sleep).  I am worn out by them.
IMG_2179
Austin has started sleeping less during naptimes (and at night) and let me tell you, I need him to nap for at least 2 hours.  Much less and I can't handle all the energy he has.  He wakes up in the morning and literally puts on his tennis shoes when he jumps out of bed (with his pj's still on).  He is ready to go from the moment he wakes up until he goes to sleep.  I am SOOO ready for Spring so I can send him outside to play.  He loves it out there and will play for hours.
IMG_2184
His favorite things are to wrestle, run, jump, crash, climb, and play with his dog. I am head butted at least 50 times a day.  We are working on gentle and sitting calmly but its not working quite so well.
IMG_2196
Miller is curious and mobile, do I need to say more.  He is into EVERYTHING.  He is teething and wants to put everything in his mouth so I am constantly searching my house for little things.
IMG_2188
He loves his big brother and does the sweetest belly laughs for him.  Everything Austin does is funny.
IMG_2198
We have already had more bloody mouths and noses than Austin (definitely not a good sign) but I think a lot of it has to do with trying to keep up with his big brother.  He doesn't have much fear.  For some reason, neither of my boys have much fear.
IMG_2195
I am thankful for their little lives and constantly amazed that God entrusted David and I with the authority to raise them.  I know they are only mine for a short time and I am trying my best to make the most of it (but some days its just hard).

2 comments:

jetb@tds.net said...

Keep at it sweet Brittany......these 2 little boys are inheriting a wonderful loving legacy from you and David.....we pray for you! With love, Jane B.

Confessions said...

Ah, I agree with Jane B's comment! The legacy you are building...
What a fleeting season of life this is. Just with MT, I collapse at the end of my days. I can't imagine two BOYS.
You are amazing and those boys are daily blessed by your diligence and love. :)