Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Saturday, July 16, 2011

First few days in Boston

We are loving our life in Boston. Our little apartment is precious and perfect for our family of 4. The neighborhood is wonderful with numerous parks and lots of little restaurants and stores. We can walk to almost everything we need. The boys have transitioned better than we could have ever imagined. They love their new home, room, and neighborhood. Austin is in heaven with the trains we ride to get places. He already knows the color and letter of the T we ride to get home. He has enjoyed looking at the map as we wander Boston and find new places. I'm really proud of the boys and how well they have adapted.

My mom flew up on Monday to help David and I unpack and get the apartment ready before the boys got there. It was so nice to have an extra hand to get everything done. Davids parents flew up on Wednesday with the boys so they didn't have to ride in a car for 22 hours. That was such a blessing for both them and David and I.

We are now headed to the beach for a week vacation. I have been dreaming about this for months. When I was packing up our house I would look at the pictures of our beach house and tell myself, you can do it. :). When we return from the beach I will post pictures of our apartment, neighborhood, and fun things we have been experiencing.

Pictures from my phone of the first day exploring Boston.

Riding the T for the first time...I wasn't sure if our huge double stroller would fit so I let 3 trains go by before I got up the nerve to jump on. It fit but required some maneuvering for sure.



Eating a pastry at Mike's Pastry Shop in Boston...delicious pastries.







In front of the beautiful Boston Commons.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

It looks like a wonderful start to a wonderful year! I'm so thankful. I can't wait to hear about your vacation!

jetb@tds.net said...

So great to hear that you are already loving Boston. It is a wonderful city and I do hope you 4 will take advantage of it all. The bakery looks like it has already become a favorite! Our prayers are with you, Jane Barnes

The Rohman Family said...

Oh man! What fun!