Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Thursday, February 4, 2010

stomach bug

The stomach bug hit our house like a ton of bricks. Austin started getting sick on Saturday and it came and went for 4 days. I started getting sick on Tuesday night at 2:00 am and had to go the hospital for 2 bags of fluids and 2 doses of Zofran for dehydration. The positive aspect of this is we got to see the baby. We were hoping to see the gender but the little stinker is breeched and sitting right over his/her private parts. The baby is doing great though. Growing just perfectly.

One of many times Austin fell asleep on daddy.
We spent a lot of time carrying Austin because he constantly wanted to be held. I pulled out the Bjorn because my arms started to get sore from carrying him. Quite a site the 2 of us were.
Thankfully I think our house is on the mend. I am feeling a lot better today. We are praying that David doesn't get it. The ER doctor said they are seeing close to 40 patients a day with dehydration from the stomach flu. It has hit Memphis hard.

2 comments:

Melody said...

I hate to hear this Brittany, hope you are feeling better :)

Mel

Jada Scruggs said...

impressive that you can still carry austin in the bijorn while pregnant! glad you are all on the mend....and my curiosity is peeked - can't wait to find out what baby #3 is!:)