Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Thursday, May 27, 2010

15%

So Austin is the 15% of the population who gets Chicken Pox even though he was vaccinated. We started seeing little red bumps on him Tuesday but just thought it was a little rash (he has had a lot of rashes in his lifetime). By Wednesday there were a few more so we decided to take him to a friends house who is a Pediatrician. He took one look at him and said he thought it was chicken pox. I completely lost it thinking back to the days when I had chicken pox and how terrible it is. I was also unsure of how it would affect baby Miller and I being 8 months pregnant. Well, the vaccination covers 85% of the population of never getting it and the 15% who do get it, get a very mild case of it. He only has around 20 spots and has still been as happy as can be. You would never know he was sick. His tummy itched on Wednesday but hasn't itched today and there are no new bumps. David took him to our Pediatrician this morning and he said it was definitely chicken pox but that he was no longer contagious because they were starting to scab and no new bumps had popped up. We are sad he has it but thankful that it is not a big deal. I felt terrible having to call his Mothers Day Out and a few friends to let them know their child(ren) had been exposed because of Austin. I would never have taken him around other children if I thought he had chicken pox. We have no idea where he got it. Of course, our little guy would fall in the 15% =(.
IMG_0061

IMG_0060

No comments: