Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

3rd Annual 5K

Last Saturday was a perfect day for the 3rd Annual Forrest Spence 5K. There were over 800 participants and more than $36,000 was raised. Everything about the day was terrific. The food, music, kid station area, 5K, 1 mile fun run, 100 yard dash, and community of people were the best. We truly couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

The money raised will go towards the new Forrest Sibling Room at Le Bonheur. This is a room where the healthy siblings of the children admitted in the Intensive Care Units can go and be cared for while their parents are spending time with the child that is sick. This is one more way the Forrest Spence Fund can help meet the nonmedical needs of patients and families in the Midsouth.

David, his mom Diane, and Miller at the race

Love all the strollers!
DSC_7837
Kids ready for the 100 yard dash
DSC_7915
96
Runners in front at the Start Line
01
Participants listening to the stories of families helped by the Fund
88
I love planning this event but man was it hard this year with a newborn, no sleep, a not quite 2 year old and a husband working crazy hours at the Med. I am thankful that it was such a success because I felt like I was planning it while living in a fog. I kept asking people some of the same questions because the lack of sleep and very little time to work on it had me constantly second guessing myself. There is no way I could have done this without the incredible work of my committee. They are amazing and put in so much time, energy, and love to this event. We are blessed by their commitment to the race and the Fund.

1 comment:

The Rohman Family said...

Could not be more excited for such a great turnout! Praying for more sleep for you now that this is behind you!