Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, September 14, 2012

A little recap

We have had a busy but fun last few weeks.  It has been physically and emotionally draining because of the anniversary of Forrest's birthday but has also been a sweet time with my boys.  I feel like we are finally getting into a rhythm and one we desperately needed.  It has taken us well over a month to get in the swing of things and I am happy to report that I think we may be swimming now instead of drowning.  The move and transition back to Memphis did not go as smoothly as I expected with the family.  The boys desperately miss the slowness of Boston and have really become homebodies.  They both enjoy school but miss home when they are there.  I think they also miss each other.  In Boston they were never away from each other so that has been a new thing as well.  Mondays and Fridays we don't have to be at school or anywhere else for that matter so we take our time and try to do something fun together.

Here are some things we have been up to lately:

Our church had a carnival night for the kids and the boys loved riding Thomas the Train choo choo with their buddy Bo.
Riding the choo choo at church @gracecthompson
We enjoyed an afternoon treat at our favorite cupcake shop, Muddy's. Enjoying a Muddy's cupcake!  Ending the week on a high note!
We bought a new kitchen table that had to be assembled so Dingdad and daddy spent time teaching the boys about tools and assembling things. It was the highlight of the day for sure. Thankful for granddads and dads that take extra time to teach their boys how to be men. #excitedaboutmynewkitchentable
We visited the Farmers Market and enjoyed some honey sticks. Enjoying a honey stick at the Farmers Market!
Spot, the Pre-K class stuffed animal, came home with Austin on a Thursday which meant he spent 5 whole nights with us. Quite a treat to my little guy. Welcome Spot the dog to the Spence home. PreK mascot!
We had flowers displayed at our church in memory of our precious son. Beautiful flowers at our church today in memory of my precious son.
Sweet friends remembered our son and loved on us during a difficult day. Thankful for sweet friends who remember us on this hard day. @caseycockrum Untitled
The boys and I went on a long bike ride on Forrest's birthday. I thought a bike ride was cheaper than therapy. =)
Best therapy...biking with my 2 boys!
We met a friend while on our bike ride.
Untitled
David got off work a little early and went with us to pick out flowers and place them at Forrest's grave site.
  Yesterday was a good day spending time together as a family and remembering our precious boy.
We spent a fun afternoon at My Big Backyard with my best friend Bobbie and her 2 boys. Fun afternoon at My Big Backyard.
Austin's school had their annual Boosterthon where the kids ran laps to raise money for the school. He didn't want to participate but once he was there he loved it. Fun morning at CMDS boosterthon!  Proud of my little runner.
We spent this morning at the zoo with Bobbie and her youngest Charley. Fun morning at the zoo with Bobbie and Charley!
While at the zoo we fed the giraffes for the first time. Austin loved every minute of it...Miller was a little unsure of the whole thing.
The boys loved feeding the giraffes for the first time at the zoo.
I am really trying to soak up this time with the boys before baby girl makes her presence in 3.5 months. The weather has turned nice and we are enjoying being outside and together.

*Thank you to everyone who commented, emailed, texted, and called on Forrest's birthday.  It meant so much to me.

No comments: