Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Maggie's BIRTHday

Well for a few weeks I tried about everything to make Miss Maggie come on her own but she just wouldn't budge.  She was too content in my belly to come out.  I don't blame her...she was well aware of the noise and chaos my boys make so I think she decided the longer she stayed the better.  The crazy thing about her being delivered on December 27th is way back in August when I was only 21/22 weeks pregnant, I was at Le Bonheur mentoring a father when a lady I had never met came up to me in the hall of the PICU and told me that I was going to have a girl, she was going to be stubborn, and she would be born on December 27th.  We knew at that time Maggie was a girl and I was well aware that all my children would have the stubborn streak because of their momma but the December 27th threw me for a loop.  This woman knew nothing about me, the sex of my baby, or when I was due.  As the months ticked on and December made its appearance and I started to become very uncomfortable and in quite a bit of pain from the kidneys, I was really hoping the lady was wrong and Maggie would make her appearance before December 27th.  I really did try everything to make Maggie come before Christmas and she wasn't budging.  The week before Christmas my doctor checked at the hospital for an induction date for us and there were none left.  Everyone wanted to have their babies before the New Year so we were out of luck.  He told me to plan on coming in for my regular appointment on the morning of the 27th with bags packed and hope that I was in labor and he could send me over to be induced.  David and I showed up that morning at 9:00 (after he did 2 surgery cases at Le Bonheur...he is a good man and didn't want to let his patients down) and I was 5 cm and in labor.  So Miss Maggie was ready to be born on December 27th with or without an induction.  My doctor sent us over and we were hooked up ready to go by 10:45.  I unfortunately didn't progress for quite a while and was stuck at 5 cm.  My doctor came to break my water at 2:30, epidural at 3:30, stayed at 6 cm until 5:00 and then went from 6 cm to 10 cm in about 20 minutes.  Once I hit 10 cm I was more than ready to push and the nurses and OB hospitalist were having me hold her in so my doctor could make it.  My OB walked in the door at 5:45 and Maggie was born at 5:51.  It was fast and perfect.  Maggie did great and was truly perfect.
IMG_8062IMG_8063 IMG_8064 IMG_8067
My OB...truly love this man...he has delivered all my babies and is a saint for putting up with this crazy momma.
IMG_8069
Meeting my baby girl for the first time. IMG_8070 IMG_8075 IMG_8076
So much emotion after she was in my arms...truly praising His name that she was healthy and perfect!IMG_8077 IMG_8080 IMG_8083 IMG_8084
Meeting the extended family for the first time. IMG_8085
Meeting her brothers for the first time. IMG_8096
Getting sweet kisses from her brothers. IMG_8111 IMG_8112

8 comments:

Lauren said...

i love this post! sweet girl. congratulations spences!!!

KJ said...

What a sweet post- so happy the delivery was so fast! SO happy for you, David, and the boys! Maggie is perfect. Can't wait to meet her someday. Love you friend.

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Oh, Britt... Such a beautiful, perfect story. I read this and am very thankful that He planned every detail. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Maggie is beautiful and I know she is fitting right in to your sweet family. Can't wait to meet her and hug your neck!

The Rohman Family said...

Third pic from the top looks just like a pic of Forrest. Precious. So happy for the Spence family!

Speelman Family said...

I loved this, and all the pictures? Precious.

Melody said...

This post literally brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful for that sweet little Maggie and the picture of you nuzzling her up to your face is so precious. Can't wait to meet her and see you precious friend. Praise God for a healthy little GIRL!!

Laura Sessions said...

Beautiful baby girl! Congratulations to you all!

ashleywheatley said...

I just caught up on your blog! I am so behind on reading friends blogs! Good thing we have instagram:) Maggie is so precious and I teared up looking at all of these pictures! So happy for you friend! I can't wait to meet her!! Love you!