1. This week ended up being an off week. We had a big ice storm come through on Sunday night and lost power around 10:30. We assumed that it would come on quickly so we stayed put and around 3:30 we woke up and realized it was freezing in our house and our power was not restored. David went to check on the boys and they were warm enough with a bunch of blankets on them but poor Maggie was freezing. We tried bringing her in the bed with us but she just thought it was a party and wouldn't settle down to sleep. We finally put her winter coat and hat on her and put her back to bed. She slept great after that. The boys woke up freezing and immediately put their winter coats on as well.
2. It then took 48 hours for it to come back on. I packed up the kids and as much food as I could salvage and headed to my in laws house on Monday morning. The kids were in heaven to be spending that much time at the grandparents house. While we were there we popped popcorn in the fireplace. The kids got a big kick out of that.
3. We played in the snow a little bit on Monday but it really was freezing outside. In hindsight I wish I had bought proper snow/ski gear but its so rare for us to have the weather we had this year but it would have come in handy this winter. Maggie was mad because she didn't want to stop playing.
4. I had to go back to the house to have some furniture delivered and it was seriously cold inside. Waiting on the delivery guys was pretty miserable.
5. The home is coming along. We are going very slow which sometimes I think is nice and sometimes it drives me crazy. I found these watercolor paintings at an antique shop in town and thought they would go great above our bed.
We also had our rug, couch, chest, and other piece (don't know what its called) delivered for our living room. We have a few more things ordered but they haven't come in yet. We are also waiting on our pillows for the couch.
The painting is a commissioned piece of downtown Memphis by Rebecca Robinson. I had her paint it for an anniversary present for David 2.5 years ago. I love how it looks above the chest.
Happy Friday friends! Hope you have something fun planned this weekend!