I have been terrible lately about blogging. The same ole excuses that everyone has...life is just super busy! Little miss Maggie is so fun but SOOO much energy and work. She is into everything and you can't take your eyes off her for a minute so there isn't a lot of time for extra things outside of the home and the Fund. So I am doing Five for Monday instead of Five for Friday. Hoping to get back on schedule this week with some posts.
1. First child to need to see an orthopedic surgeon...good thing we know a really great one. Poor thing was pitiful with a nursemaid elbow. It happened when she tried to run into the parking lot but since she didn't start crying immediately after I grabbed her hand I didn't realize that was what happened. It took 3 hours of her being pretty pitiful before I figured out it was more than just terrible teething...mom of the year award! She's all better after her daddy fixed her.
2. Be still my heart...5 going on 15. Love this little guy with all my heart! He was ready for his Royal Tea at school. He picked his tie because it matched his school colors and his Boston Red Sox hat. Love the hands in the pockets too.
3. We had a fun night of cooking out with friends! The kids were in heaven with having so many friends over.
4. We used some gift cards David's parents gave us from Christmas and enjoyed a delicious date night together. It was a much needed night out and we loved spending time together. I am truly blessed to walk through life with this one.
5. 2 Saturdays ago it was beautiful and we took full advantage of the amazing weather. We drove to the Greenline area over by Humphrey's and rode/ran along the trails. We ended up going for over an hour and half and got really good exercise while spending great quality time together. I'm reading a book (Confident Parenting by Jim Burns) that says one of the most important things you can do together as a family is recreation...really playing together. Not watching your kids play sports but playing together. We are trying to do more where we play together and make memories together as a family. Now if the weather would act better so we could get more opportunities to be outside and play.
Happy Monday...hope you have a great week!