Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, September 16, 2011

Another asthmatic

That's right...we apparently have another asthmatic on our hands.  Just as it seemed Austin was starting to grow out of the asthma, Miller grows into it.  I woke up this past Tuesday morning to Miller crying, coughing, and breathing too fast and labored.  I tried calming him down and getting the breathing under control but nothing was working.  We headed to the Pediatrician's office who gave him a high dose of steroids and then sent us straight to the ER.
  IMG_1046
The ER quickly assessed him and his SATS weren't the best so they started him on breathing treatments.  Thankfully over time the SATS got better and he calmed down tremendously. IMG_1047
He was so scared that he couldn't catch his breath and I was a wreck.  I had 1 sick baby with a toddler in the ER with no family around.  Thankfully I called my friend Audra who was sweet to rush to the hospital to pick up Austin.  Austin had the best time playing with Sebastian.  The ER took chest and neck xrays to rule out pneumonia and something wrong with the throat.  All the xrays came back clear so they diagnosed him with asthma.
  IMG_1052
They started telling me everything I would need to do for an asthmatic child and I finally had to stop them and let them know I had been dealing with another asthmatic child for 3 years.  I was an old pro =).
  IMG_1051
Unfortunately we all got the cold/sinus junk Miller has so its been a rough week for the Spence clan.  Hoping this weekend brings much needed rest and healing to our family.
IMG_1054
(You let your 14 month old put stickers all over his and mommy's face just to entertain him for 5 minutes. It's definitely not easy to keep a 14 month old entertained in a 12x8 room for 7 hours).

No comments: