Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Enjoying Boston

Boston really is an amazing city.  I know...I know...I probably won't be saying that this winter but for now when the weather is incredible...I am loving it.  There is so much to see and do.  Our favorite thing to do is explore a new place in the city and the surrounding areas.  David got off a little early the Friday before Labor Day so we took the train to the Boston Gardens and walked around.  We first came across an incredible musician who was being taped for a local tv program. IMG_3735 IMG_3737
We then stopped at a man making balloon animals, hats, etc and the boys had to have one each. IMG_3744 IMG_3747
Here he is making Austin's Spiderman hat. IMG_3745
Austin hasn't ever seen Spiderman but he still thought the hat was pretty cool. IMG_3748 IMG_3750 IMG_3752
Miller's hat had a puppy dog on top. IMG_3753 IMG_3754 IMG_3762
In all honesty, I don't know if the balloons were worth it. They maybe lasted 5 minutes before both were popped and I was trying to fish it out of Miller's mouth before he swallowed it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. After the balloons, we headed over to the Boston Commons and let the boys run free for a little bit.
IMG_3766
They like to "help" me push the stroller.
  IMG_3770
They are also obsessed with pushing every button in the city of Boston. IMG_3772
If I push a crosswalk or elevator button before Austin, you better watch out. He wants to be the one to push it.
  IMG_3774
IMG_3780
Miller can walk on his own for a really long time, especially for a 14 month old but every once in a while he needs a lift from his daddy. IMG_3777
Austin showing excitement after pushing the crosswalk button.
IMG_3782
Ready to cross to the Arlington T stop. IMG_3783
Waiting on the elevator at the T stop, I feel like I do a lot of that. IMG_3785
Austin running down the ramp at the T stop telling us to hurry up. IMG_3789
The crew ready to get on the T. IMG_3794
Again, Austin likes to push the buttons. IMG_3795
A map of the T system of Boston. IMG_3796
Waiting for the T.
 IMG_3798
Riding the T. Our double BOB takes up a LOT of room. Definitely wouldn't purchase a double BOB if I was moving to the city for good. IMG_3804
Feeding them snacks on the T to keep them happy. IMG_3807
We decided to get off the T at the Kenmore Stop so we could walk by Fenway Stadium. The Red Sox were playing and the atmosphere and energy is amazing during a game. IMG_3811 IMG_3813 IMG_3814 IMG_3815 IMG_3816
I still have the rest of the Labor Day weekend to post.  Stay tuned!

No comments: