Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a mixed day for me.  I am honored to be a mommy to 4 beautiful children and be celebrated on this day but I am also saddened that today I am missing one of those beautiful children.  My introduction to motherhood was a tough one.  Within the first 12 hours of his birth I heard the worst words any mother wants to hear....I am afraid your son may die.  I have said many times that those 55 days were some of the best and worst days of my life.  I miss my son terribly and wish that my Mother's Day didn't include some sadness as well.  I am burdened on this day for all those that are sad and grieving on this day.  Grieving the loss of their own mother, grieving the loss of a child, grieving the loss of the children they are yet to have...Mother's Day isn't a happy day for all and I am thankful that the Lord has left a burden on my heart on this day especially to remember those that aren't celebrating.  If you are one of those people, I prayed for you today.  I am sorry that today was hard and I wish it was different.

I am thankful for all my children and that the Lord blessed me to be the mommy to them.  What an honor and gift it is to be called mommy.  I was especially thankful to celebrate the baptism of Maggie today (I will do a post on it soon).
IMG_8681
Happy Mother's Day to two beautiful women in my life.  I am so thankful for a wonderful mother who has loved me unconditionally and taught me so much about motherhood and life.  I am also thankful for a wonderful mother in law who has loved me as her own for almost 10 years.  Thank you for your love, sacrifice, and encouragement through the years.
IMG_8360
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Forrest was definitely on my mind Sunday. I know you were especially missing him on Mother's Day and at Maggie's baptism. I, too, had a heavy, prayer-filled heart for those who have lost children, who are waiting patiently to have children, and those who have lost mommies and grandmothers. You are so right. It's a day of mixed emotions. Love you, mommy friend.