Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a day filled with mixed emotions for me.  I am so thankful for my 4 little blessings on this day and thankful that I am called momma by 3 of them but oh how I long to be called momma by my sweet boy.  I know that many are hurting on this day and that Mother's Day is not all sunshine and rainbows for all moms so I want you to know I am thinking of you and praying for you.  I am praying that you would feel the embrace of our Lord and the peace that only He can bring.   My first Mother's Day after losing Forrest was so very painful and so difficult to watch all those who had their precious children with them while I longed to be with mine.  I had been a mother for 55 glorious days and then I was no longer a "mother".  I knew that I was forever Forrest's mother and I had faith that I would be a mother again (I was actually 5 months pregnant with Austin at that time) but I wasn't able to do all the things a mother would do with their child.  Instead of spending quality time with my child I was visiting his gravesite.  I just want all those who are hurting today to know I love you and I am praying for you today.

I am thankful today for all my many blessings though!  These three who call me mommy and I have the joy of raising.
Blessed to be their mother!
This precious angel who taught me to love and made me a mother.
P9100061
My sweet mother and my mother in law. Both gifts to me in so many ways.
IMG_8360
And this amazing man who helped make me a mother. Enjoyed a great dinner last night with David and old friends from our time in Boston. #latergram
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

1 comment:

lindley said...

Oh Brittany! Sweet, sweet post! Happy Mother's Day to you--because of the littles you are mothering now and because of the sweet one who first made you Mommy!