Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, November 21, 2014

Five for Friday - House Addition

We are finally finishing some rooms in our house and I am thrilled.  It has been a long process and we still aren't there but I love what we have completed.

This Friday is dedicated to the boys room.

I found the beds on Craigslist while we were still in Boston.  The bedspreads are from TJMaxx and the pillow and bedskirt were made.  The boxes at the end of their bed were also from Boston at an antique shop.
DSC_0057
The propellor is off of my father in laws first (or one of his first) planes.  The boys LOVE this and I love the special meaning behind it.  The light fixture and sconces were found by my decorator and I have no idea where she found them.
DSC_0058
The curtains were left by the old owners.  The dresser was purchased from a friend whose son didn't want it anymore.  The chair is from our old living room set.  The pictures above the chair are David's grandfather's pictures that he had framed.  They are old planes.
DSC_0059
The maps over the bookcase are old maps of Tennessee, Boston, and Memphis.  Again, I love the meaning behind them.  The bookshelf was built by my uncle for our nursery before we started having kids.
DSC_0060
The mirror is from Wisteria and the lamp is from Ballard Designs.
DSC_0061
David painted the painting below 5 or 6 years ago.  We finally found a perfect spot for it.  The bamboo hat rack is from an antique shop.  The boys already have their baseball caps on it.
DSC_0062
Large lego man is a present from David's brother.
DSC_0063
I didn't want it to be "decked out" in all planes stuff but I wanted it to feel like a boys room without over doing it on a theme.  I am very happy with how it turned out and they are thrilled which is what matters the most.
DSC_0064
Happy Friday friends!

No comments: