Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

New York City

David and I had the chance to go to NYC for a weekend to see his co-fellow from Boston get married.  We went at a beautiful time of year and loved being in NYC together.  The wedding was amazing...I mean AMAZING...like nothing I have ever been too.  I unfortunately didn't get the memo that it was black tie so I wasn't dressed appropriately so that was a bummer but besides that it was wonderful.

Friday night we started out at a restaurant for an informal get together.  David and I didn't know anyone but the bride and groom and didn't want them feeling like they had to talk to us the entire time so we spent a lot of time just the two of us.
Untitled Untitled
Saturday morning was raining but I was determined to have a nice brunch.  My brother always talked about brunch when he lived in NYC so I wanted to experience that.  It didn't disappoint but whenever you are having a Mimosa it usually doesn't. Untitled Untitled
The wedding was at 3:00 and about 45 minutes outside the city so after brunch we only had enough time to go back to the hotel and get ready.  The wedding was in a Catholic church which was very pretty.
Untitled Untitled Untitled
The reception wasn't until 7:00 so after the wedding we went back to the hotel, changed, and walked around NYC.
Untitled Untitled
We stopped in the American Girl store.  David called his sister to see if this was really legit and something Maggie needed. =)
Untitled
We went to Times Square and walked around.  Made sure we also stopped in the Lego store.
Untitled
Untitled
The reception was gorgeous.  Everything about it was amazing.  Again, underdressed but it was still amazing.
Untitled Untitled Untitled
Sunday morning we woke up, enjoyed a quick breakfast and then headed over to the High Line.  It was  a nice walk with some fun views.
Untitled Untitled Untitled
After the High Line we rented some bikes and biked around Manhattan.  I thought I was going to be killed at least 20 times.  It was fun but really scary.
Untitled Untitled Untitled
It was a great weekend!  NYC is such a fun place to visit...I would never want to live there but sure fun to visit.
Untitled

No comments: