Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, September 25, 2009

Austin's 1st Birthday

Today my baby is 1. I can't believe it. Time really flies when you are having fun. I started the day off by singing "Happy Birthday" to him when he woke up. He smiled and giggled at his funny mommy. We ate breakfast, played together, and then he took his morning nap. When he woke up, we went to Story time at Davis Kidd and met some friends. He loved it because there was lots of singing and reading. He also loved the trucks and trains.

Mommy and Austin at story time

Austin exploring Davis Kidd with his trucks
Afterwards we headed to Chickfila where we met up with the Scott's and Brown's. Chickfila is the best restaurant. They made Austin (and his friends) feel like celebrities for coming in on his birthday. We had so much fun.

Griffin, Mary Paige, Elizabeth, and Austin

I love that I got a picture with his fingers in his mouth trying to twirl his hair. He does this when he is tired or hungry.

Eating his lunch with his birthday hat on.
He is taking his second nap now and when he wakes up, we are headed to Target to pick up the red wagon his family got him. His uncles Matt and Toph, aunt Christin, Pops (my dad), and Sheryl (my dad's girlfriend) bought it for him along with a Pottery Barn kid sized chair. I know he will love both of them. We have more exciting things planned for today and tomorrow.
I am so thankful for Austin's sweet life. God has been so good to us and I can't praise Him enough for my 2 sweet sons.

1 comment:

EBW said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!