Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Le Bonheur Grand Opening

This has been an exciting week for Le Bonheur. All week they are celebrating the Grand Opening of the new hospital. On June 15, 1952, Le Bonheur was open. 58 years later, a new chapter has begun. Austin and I were so excited to be a part of the festivities. On Monday I participated in the Consecration (Blessing) of the new hospital. Numerous clergy from the MidSouth were part of the ceremony and I was asked to lead the parent prayer. It was a touching and joyous time and I loved being a part of it.

The beautiful new hospital.
29907_413270497960_25767202960_4271380_854937_n

Gary Shorb (Methodist CEO) speaking at the ceremony


All the participants from the Ceremony


The Grand Opening was held on Tuesday. There was a parade with a ceremony afterwards. Austin and I were participants in the parade. It was a lot of fun but extremely hot.

Austin getting ready for the parade.
IMG_0139

Bridgette and I before the parade (both members of the Family Partners Council and 9 months pregnant)
IMG_0135
Austin and I after the parade (we were so hot).
IMG_0141
Austin-tired, sweaty, and ready to go home
IMG_0147
Our family is extremely thankful for Le Bonheur and the way it takes care of children in the Mid-South. We are blessed to have a facility like this in Memphis.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I hate I missed you, we were there too! It was so incredibly hot but Lilliana had a great time. Hope you are feeling well, can't wait till Miller's arrival. :)