Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, January 6, 2012

Five for Friday

1.  We are leaving for Memphis in 5 days!!!  I am so excited to see friends and family.  Its been too long since we have been there.  Sad to be leaving David though.  He can't get off work so its just me flying solo with the boys.  Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

2.  I signed up for a half marathon!  What?!?  I know, crazy.  I said I needed motivation to run through this cold winter up here so there's my motivation.  3 other girlfriends from Boston are running it with me.  Tomorrow we are doing our first long run together.  So thankful to have other girls to keep me accountable to running.  I am also thankful for the beauty I see when I run in Boston...
Charles River Found on my run
3.  I adore my senior girls back home in Memphis.  I miss them so much and wish I wasn't missing their senior year.  I saw this on Pinterest and immediately thought of them (and myself too).  I pray they will always know that God didn't mess up when He created them.  They are perfect just the way they are.





4.  I have a budding artist in my midst.  He received an art easel from his grandparents and loves to paint.  He has made some masterpieces. =) My little artist
5.  Very thankful for the indoor playspace we found at a local mall.  This is going to be a huge blessing this winter.
Driving the car
Happy Friday!  Anything you want to add to the list?

5 comments:

The Rohman Family said...

Wooooohooooo for your first half marathon. I can't wait to hear how it goes! Will be praying for an easy and safe trip to Memphis.

On my 5 for Friday...getting my roots colored TODAY. It's the little things in life :)

Melody said...

whoohoo for a marathon!! you will love it! I did the St. Jude a couple years a go and loved it. I am actually thinking about doing the Germantown Half in March myself. Let's see if I can get myself in gear before then :)

Can't wait to see you!!

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Quiet...girls are at school, brother is napping, laundry is going, Bible study is read. Fridays are good.

Can't wait to see you!

tb29 said...

Have a great time in Memphis! I am jealous, would love to visit our friends there. Memphis hooks you in when you really don't expect it!

Anonymous said...

I am a new follower, and I happened to see that your husband graduated from residency! I am getting married this coming June to a med-student! I would love to chat with you and get advice from you on how you made it through residency!