Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

prayers please...

I know I haven't finished my Memphis trip and I promise I will soon but right now I have something else on my mind.  A great friend of mine from college found out 2 weeks ago that she has a large brain tumor.  She is 28 years old with 2 small children.  Her children are exactly 1 year younger than my 2 and also 21 months apart like my 2.  Katie is a beautiful girl inside and out.  Truly beautiful!  I remember her vividly from college recruitment.  I was recruitment chair and I fell in love with her the first time I saw her.  I knew that no matter what she chose to go as a sorority that we would be friends.  Fast forward 10 years and we are still close.  I am so proud of her, Jeremy (her husband), and her precious family.  They are glorifying the Lord through this trial and are scared but hopeful.  I ask for you to please pray for Katie.  Pray for the decisions that are before them in regards to the diagnosis and what to do.  It is not cancer but it is so big that it must come out.  She is having terrible headaches with some vomiting and eventually it will start to affect her conscience and vision.  The doctors have said that she is too young to not do anything but every option has something scary that goes with it.  I am asking for you to lift them up during this difficult time.

Katie and Jeremy 

2 comments:

Moms for Le Bonheur said...

Certainly praying for Katie and her family.... Let me know if there is anything we can do.

Casey Cockrum said...

praying for them. does she have a blog or something to follow in order to know how to pray?