Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fun Saturday

This past Saturday David was on call so I planned a few fun things for the boys and I to do.  We started the morning at the Le Bonheur Pumpkin Run. Ready for the Le Bonheur pumpkin run.
It was a great morning and the weather was great.  There were lots of activities for the kids so the boys really enjoyed themselves. They spent lots of time in the jumpy obstacle course. Untitled> Untitled Untitled Untitled
We stopped for a little lunch and then headed home for naps.  After naps we drove to Dingdad's airplane hangar for a pot luck with his buddies.  The boys were thrilled to see Dingdad and Yaya and the new Howard.  Dingdad has been working so hard on the Howard for years so it was great to see it finished and flying.  The boys were literally on cloud 9.
Untitled
Untitled
She really is a beautiful airplane.  Dingdad put a lot of sweat and hard work into rebuilding her and I think she was well worth it.  They played inside and then found out they were going flying.  It was Yaya and Austin's first time flying in the Howard and Miller's first time ever flying with Dingdad.  The looks on their faces were priceless. Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
I took some videos as well. This next video is when he turned on the propeller. It makes a pretty neat noise.

This next video is of them taxiing to the runway.
This last video is landing. I definitely breathed a sigh of relief when they landed. I trust my father in law more than anything but it's still a little nerve-wracking to know your 2 babies are up in that plane.
Definitely a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

I was just getting ready to ask you if it made you nervous at all! Ask ME - I'm a really nervous about planes. That is a really cool hobby and it's so fun that he can share it with the boys! Peter loved the videos.

Laura Sessions said...

That picture of Austin grinning really big looking out the plane window is precious!