Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, October 15, 2012

Update on Miller

Friday morning started out with Austin running down the stairs to tell me that Miller had painted the walls.  I ran upstairs to find this. The latest...painting on the walls of the playroom. #atmywitsendwiththiskid
Thankfully it was washable paint so it all came out.

Saturday was uneventful but then Sunday he came downstairs to tell me that he had a poopy so when I went to change him I realized he didn't have a diaper on. He had taken his pj pants off, taken off his pull up, put his pj's back on and slept all night without a pull-up. Every part of the bed was soaked. I never found the diaper but I am assuming that there wasn't a poopy (my pregnant nose would have found it).

So last night we started the night with zip up pj's thinking he couldn't get out but after only 10 minutes, Austin yelled down the stairs that Miller had his pj's off and was taking his pull up off. I ran up the stairs and saw him naked. I then decided it was time to put his pj's on backwards and it worked. He couldn't reach the zipper so his pj's and pull up stayed on all night. Operation successful!!! Hoping for poop free nights and mornings. Operation turn the pj's around backwards a success so far. Diaper still on and no poop on floor. #hopefulforcleanfloorsandroom
Seriously, this little precious 2 year old is killing me!!!!

4 comments:

Molly Witherington said...

smart momma! haven't had that problem with rainer yet - i think it might be a boy thing. kate only did it once. have you attempted potty training during the day? maybe you have and that's why he's in pull-ups, not diapers. we started yesterday. i have no intention of taking away the naptime/nighttime diapers any time soon, though!

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

What did you wind up doing with his footies? Just twisted them a bit? I'm taking notes. Who knows what Mr. P will turn out to be like. Also...I'm cracking up at Austin - such a good big brother/deputy. Hoping the pj switch does the trick!

The Rohman Family said...

Yes, I love that Austin is the enforcer!

tb29 said...

Duct tape? Too bad he is so cute...hard to stay mad at him. Can't wait to see you soon!