Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, December 16, 2013

Animal Kingdom

Part 1 of our Florida/Disney trip

On Thursday I took the boys to Animal Kingdom while David went to his conference.  The boys are at a pretty good age where I can trust that they will stay with me and not run off.  I also had the Bob stroller so they both rode on that throughout most of the park.  We started the morning at the Lion King show.  Austin is not a fan of the movie so he was not excited about going to this show.  I truly thought I was going to lose it with him.  He was complaining about everything and telling me he would rather be back at the hotel playing legos...are you kidding me?!?  I just paid a small fortune to take him to the happiest place on earth and he would rather be playing legos like he does every day of his life.  We had a few choice words with each other and then he started to scream as loudly as possible that I was hurting him when I was holding on to his arm.  Everyone in our entire section turned around to look at us.  Definitely not one of my best "mom moments" but just keeping it real here.  Once the show started he bounced back and decided that he really did like it and would stay a little longer.
Untitled
The Lion King show was AMAZING!!!  Truly awesome!  All 3 of us loved it!  A definite must see if you go to Animal Kingdom.Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
We stopped for some photo ops.  Austin refused to be in the first picture but when he saw that Miller was having fun he jumped in.
UntitledUntitled Untitled
We then headed to the Safari ride.  It was also very good.  You were up close and personal with the animals which both of my boys really enjoyed.  I highly recommend this as well.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Austin's very favorite animal is the cheetah. We hear lots of facts throughout the day about the cheetah so it was very exciting to see a live one. Both boys wanted to know since he runs so fast if he was going to get us.  I reassured them that he wouldn't but really I wasn't so sure...not sure how they keep the animals from getting to close to you on the safari.
Untitled Untitled
Afterwards we rode the train for a while to take a little rest. Untitled
We met a few characters along the way too. Austin wasn't a huge fan of the characters. Miller loved them though.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
I went to take a picture and realized that Austin was punching Tigger. Not our best moment either. Untitled
We also met Minnie and Mickey. Miller was so excited about meeting them but once we were there he wanted nothing to do with them so I had to hold him while we met them. Untitled Untitled
This is where Austin stayed the entire time.
Untitled
Minnie tried to coax him out but he wouldn't have anything to do with her. Untitled
The last section we went to was Dinosaur Land.  This was definitely a favorite for my boys.  They loved all of it.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
While we were at Dinosaur Land we went down a slide one after another. Austin went first, then Miller, then me. I noticed when I got to the bottom that my shorts had gotten wet on the way down and that Miller had gotten a little wet too. Dumb me thought it was just water. We left Dinosaur Land to head towards the parade and as I placed Miller on my shoulders to see the parade I realized that it wasn't water on his shorts and now on my head and shoulders. Definitely not how I wanted to end our day at Animal Kingdom. I was smart and packed an extra change of clothes for Magic Kingdom the next day.
Untitled
I can look back now and smile about this day but there were some tough moments with the boys...especially Austin but overall we had a good day.

Part 3...Magic Kingdom coming soon.

No comments: