We had a low key New Years Eve (in bed asleep by 9:30...it was glorious) and spent today just being a family. We started the morning with going out for breakfast than came home and took down our Christmas decorations. After naps we drove down to the Mississippi River and walked along the shore playing chase, tag, and just spent time together. We then ended the night with dinner at Miss Cordelia's. It was a great way to kick off 2014.
David and I discussed our New Years Resolutions last night and decided that we needed to come up with some. It has been a few years since I have made any but this is the year for me to make some and stick to them. One way I thought I would stick to them is if I put them on the blog so I knew others would read them as well. So here goes:
1. Read more books that are educational and/or help me in my daily life. The next 2 are on my list for January. You will see that these go with resolution #2.
2. Get a better handle on Austin's behavior. He has been very challenging lately so hoping the 2 books above along with a new discipline system will help. This the ticket system from the Well-Behaved Child.
3. Spend more quality time with these 3. Try to be in the moment more and not distracted by the rest of life...housework, iphone, social media, the Forrest Spence Fund, etc.
4. Go on more dates with my husband.
5. Lose weight and get in shape. 4 kids in 5 years has been tough on my body but its time to get back in shape and take ownership of how I eat and exercise.
6. Spend more time in the Word and in prayer.
There they are...its time to get started! Here's to 2014...praying for a happy and healthy new year!