Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Last few days with Gigi

On Thursday morning my mom and I shopped on Newbury Street (the fun shopping area in Boston) while the boys stayed with Nim (our babysitter).  It was so nice to spend some quality time with my mom while not worrying about 2 little rascals running around.  It was raining so it wasn't exactly what I had in mind but still fun.  That afternoon we just hung out and played. We built a tent to play in. IMG_1188 IMG_1189
On Friday we took the kids to the Aquarium.  All of us love the Aquarium but I'm just not sure I can do it with 2 kids alone.  It is very dark so you can see the sea life but I am constantly worried I will lose a kid.  When there is 2 of us we can play man on man and not defense.
Playing at the aquarium Looking at the fish Watching the fish
Because it was a weekday it was far less crowded so we had a great view of the sea lions.  They were so playful and fun to watch.  Big seal Watching the seals
The boys love the penguins and want to see them from every floor.
Looking at the penguins with Gigi
Austin was scared of the shark this time.  He is at the age that you never quite know if he will be scared of something or not.  Sometimes he loves something and other times he's frightened by the same thing.

That afternoon my mom watched the boys while I got a much needed haircut and that night David and I went on a date!  It was wonderful.

We were so sad to see her leave on Saturday. Miller tried climbing in her suitcase to go home with her. Miller in gigi's suitcase
He even packed his beloved monkey for the trip home. Trying to go home in Gigi's suitcase
It was a wonderful week with so many memories made.  We love you Gigi and are so thankful you came to visit.

2 comments:

ashleywheatley said...

Fun! So glad you have Nim!!
I love your boys!

jennie brooks said...

So glad to hear that Austin is getting scared of stuff too! Not quite such a fun phase but hopefully it will pass quickly :)