Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, February 10, 2012

Five for Friday

1.  A few comments were left on the blog about me running 8.5 miles with my children...are you crazy?!?  I can't run 8.5 miles with my kids!
#1: I'm not strong enough to push them that far.
#2: They wouldn't last that long in the stroller.
We have done a little over 4 before and by the end everyone was trying to jump out of the stroller.

2.  I love this necklace.  I don't love the price but I love the necklace.  I have been looking for a pendant necklace for a while and haven't found one that is just right.  Hoping I can find one a little (actually a lot) cheaper.


3.  I love being a boy mommy.  I mean really love being a boy mommy.  I would love a little girl one day but I am content being a boy mommy.  If we only have boys than I am ok with that.  This quote made me smile thinking about being a boy mommy.





4. How do you explain motherhood. It is wonderful...it is hard...it is selfless...it is rewarding. I have to ask for forgiveness numerous times a day for hurting them with my words. One of my favorite things Austin says to me is "You are my special mommy, you are the most special mommy in the world". He also tells me "I don't like you. You are not in charge". Often those 2 sayings can come within 5 minutes of each other.  Motherhood is hard but so worth it.

Some favorite quotes about motherhood.




















































5.  Today is the 10th.  The 10th is hard for me.  Forrest was born on September 10th.  In the first year of your baby's life, you are always telling people how old they are in months.  That first year he was gone the 10th would hit me like a ton of bricks.  I wasn't counting how many months old he was, instead I was counting how long he had been gone.  I still get a little choked up when I glance at a calendar and see its the 10th.  Time has helped but I still miss him everyday and the 10th is just another reminder of how much I miss him.




2 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Boys...so special! But I selfishly hope you have a girl someday! :-) Helen tells me, "Mommy, you be NICE." Ha ha. It's usually after I've told her to stop standing up in the shopping cart or something similarly dangerous. Praying for your hurting heart today... Love you.

Dixie said...

I always love reading your posts. The quotes and what you say about motherhood are so true! Thanks for sharing.