Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, February 24, 2012

Five for Friday

1.  Another tasty and healthy recipe to try.  No Bake Energy Bites.  Austin loves them and told me the other day "Keep making these mommy, I love them!".  I think that is a good enough reason to keep making them.
Energy bites Energy bites 2

2.  Naps are still hit or miss with Austin.  4 out of 5 days he doesn't fall asleep but he honestly doesn't need it like he used too.  I just need him to be quiet so I can have some peace and quiet and so he doesn't wake Miller.  I made a chart and for every day he doesn't get a knock on the door telling him to be quiet he receives a sticker.  2 out of 3 days he's received a sticker.  Hoping this will help some. Nap time chart

 3. Austin is a finger sucker, has been his whole life. It's time for him to quit. He teeth are moving and he is sucking his fingers raw. He is sucking them dry and then they split open. Pretty gross so its time to stop. I made a chart for that too and everyday he doesn't suck his fingers he gets a sticker. After 14 stickers he gets the dump truck at the toy store he has been eyeing for months. He wanted this dump truck when he became potty trained and I said no because it was too expensive. Now I'm willing to buy about anything to get him to stop sucking his fingers. Only 2 out of the last 4 days has he received stickers. He will suck the nasty tasting stuff we put on them off and then go right back to sucking. He is a strong willed little guy.  Hoping these 2 visuals will help remember.  Sucking fingers chart

4. I saw this on Pinterest the other day and loved it.  I need it for the boys room.  I have said this to all 3 of my boys since they were born and now Austin says it to me.  So precious!
Source: etsy.com via Brittany on Pinterest

5.  Embarrassing photo of me but prime example of why you need to pray for my husband.  He asked me to smile for the camera and this is the face I made.  I wonder where Miller gets his quirkiness from. 
IMG_5943

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Ha ha ha! You crack me up! Guess How Much I Love You is my very favorite book. Makes me cry every time. Caroline now finds things father away than the moon to love me to. :-) Precious memories...

hughesfamily said...

Hey Brittany!
I just found your blog and love it! You are such a good mama and so funny. This recipe looks awesome, too! I am going to try it! Hope you guys are doing well! I will probably blog stalk you a little more now to see pics of your adorable boys.

Nicole Hughes :)

hughesfamily said...

Oh, our blog is: thehughesblog.blogspot.com. :) I love procrastinating on real life by blog stalking. :) I am excited to add yours to my list.