Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter

I unfortunately didn't take any pictures of our family on Easter.  Definitely disappointed about that but I do have a few pictures of the day.

We woke up bright and early to make it to the early service at our church. It was a beautiful service. We miss IPC but are thankful for a wonderful church in Boston that preaches the gospel. After church we came home to prepare Easter lunch. We were having our friends the Meduri's over for lunch. The boys helped me make the resurrection rolls. IMG_6467 IMG_6471
Lunch was wonderful and so fun to share with our friends.

We decided this year to do one big gift for Easter instead of a bunch of little gifts in their basket that they will just break or throw away.  It was definitely more than we usually spend but I will tell you, they are possibly the best thing I have ever bought for my boys.
IMG_6459
They are mini Kick Scooters.  The boys LOVE them and so do I.  Since they received them we have spent more time outside riding their scooters and they are both napping and sleeping great.  That alone is worth the price of the scooter.  They are easy to manuever and both boys (even Miller who isn't even 2 yet) can manuever it well.

This is Austin seeing his scooter for the first time.
IMG_6461
Miller finding his scooter. IMG_6465
After naps we took them out for the first time and they did great. They have since improved tremendously and ride them really well. New Easter scooter Loving his scooter
Here are a few videos of the boys riding their scooters on Easter Sunday.

2 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Don't feel bad - I didn't take pictures of us on Easter either. Boo. I'm planning to recreate the opportunity soon. Love the idea of one big gift! I'm going to try to remember that one!

Laura Sessions said...

Wish I had known about those scooters when my kids were little. How fun!