Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Boys weekend...

While mommy was away with her friends, the boys had their own fun weekend.  Austin had been talking about "boys day" for a while.  He knew that mommy's friends were in town and that the little boys were getting an entire day with just daddy.  They were super excited!

They started the day with their usual...donuts with dad.  Afterwards they headed to Boston Children's Museum. Miller spent some time with the tools. Untitled Untitled
After the museum they headed to the Fire Museum.  The boys loved it, especially the fire hats they received.
Untitled
Untitled
For dinner they went to one of their favorite restaurants, Dorado, for chips and quesadillas.  They were prepared to fight fires even while at dinner.  Untitled
They had the best time with their daddy!

They were pretty excited to see me when I returned on Sunday.  Lots of hugs and kisses.  I am a huge advocate for getting a way for a little bit with friends, with your husband, or even by yourself to help you take a deep breath, recharge, and come back to the ones you love.
UntitledUntitled
They were excited that I brought them home a little present from our trip. UntitledUntitled
After dinner on Sunday night we went for an evening stroll/scooter ride. It was a perfect spring night. The boys loved riding their scooters to watch the trains go by. It was a highlight of the day for sure. A definite ideal spring evening We love our Boston trains Untitled
I saw some beautiful flowers as we were walking. I love Spring!
Thank you David for taking such good care of the boys and for being such a wonderful father.  I am so thankful for you!

No comments: