Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

more from our Memphis trip

While in Memphis we visited the neatest park in Shelby Farms called Woodland Discovery Playground.  It had so many things for the kids to do.  My only complaint is it's in direct sunlight so a lot of the slides were super hot and you couldn't touch them because they would burn you.  But besides that, great addition to Memphis (I know it has been there for well over a year but we haven't been around to experience it yet).  My mom and I took the boys on a Saturday and I think they could have stayed forever.
IMG_6651
When we first got there Austin climbed the highest spider web and realized when he got to the top that he was too scared to come down so mommy to the rescue.  I had to climb up to get him down.  After that we decided the smaller webs were probably the best for Austin. IMG_6659 IMG_6660
We then spent time in the sand/water area.  The boys were in Heaven.  It was a really hot day so nice to be able to cool off.  By the time we were ready to leave they were soaking wet.  Every aspect of them was wet.
IMG_6663 IMG_6665 IMG_6666 IMG_6668 IMG_6675 IMG_6676
That afternoon I attended a graduation party for one of my seniors. It was great to be reunited with so many of my precious girls. IMG_6679 IMG_6680 IMG_6682
Loving on the twin girls...can't wait to meet them in less than 3 weeks! IMG_6685
Monday was graduation day for 2 of the schools my girls attend. They are both all girls schools and truly beautiful ceremonies. The girls looked beautiful and radiant. IMG_6705 IMG_6708 IMG_6714
I was like the proud mom who wouldn't stop taking pictures. I am truly so proud of them though. IMG_6732 IMG_6733 IMG_6734 IMG_6736 IMG_6737 IMG_6742
That afternoon was the second ceremony we attended. Again, all girls and every girl was to wear white.
IMG_6744 IMG_6747
We also had the chance to play with good buddies.  We are super sad to miss Whit's 4th birthday!  Happy birthday Whit man!  We will celebrate when we return to Memphis. IMG_6650
It was a wonderful trip home and made us excited about returning in August.

2 comments:

jennie brooks said...

Love that park- can't wait to go when you get back SO SOON!!!!!!

ashleywheatley said...

what an awesome park! i want to go!
miss yall!!