Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, July 30, 2012

Here we go again...

Today is packing day and tomorrow is moving day...I can't believe its finally here.  We have been dreading and eagerly awaiting this day for months.  Austin has been counting down the days until he gets to see his beloved Sadie (our dog) but then when today hit and he saw the movers packing his toys up, the water works started.  It's so hard to truly explain to a 3 year old that you need to say goodbye because you don't know when you will see your friends again and that your toys that are being packed will meet us in a new city hundreds of miles away.
  Untitled Untitled
My emotions are all over the place.  It doesn't help that I am pregnant and trying to do this move but I can't figure out if I am coming or going.  I am exhausted but energized, sad but happy, nervous but excited...I am everywhere.  I am so sad to say goodbye to the precious friends we made here...friends we will cherish for life.  Moving to a new place where you don't know anyone will really make you branch out and put yourself and your family out there to meet new people.  I was so lonely in August and September and truly so sad to be away from our friends and family but God was so good...so good in the friendships he provided for me.  Godly women who loved me, loved my children, and longed to know me deeper and better.  I have cherished every moment I have spent with these women and their children.  It truly has been a gift from the Lord.  Last night my bible study/play group hosted a "Going Away BBQ" for our family and it was so special.  The kids had the time of their lives playing with their best buds and David and I enjoyed talking and hanging out with dear friends.  It was so special to look around and see the joy on the faces of my boys and the smile I couldn't contain at the way God provided...He provided a perfect place for us to live...a perfect fellowship for my husband...a perfect church and bible study for our family...perfect friends to love us and cherish us...and a perfect 13 months in a city we have grown to love and adore.  Boston will forever hold such a special place in my heart.  It is true that what makes a city so special are the people...Boston is a great city with so much to see and do but what made it so special were the people.
IMG_7133 IMG_7089
So thank you Boston for a wonderful 13 months...thank you precious Boston friends for a year I will never forget...and thank you Lord for providing as you always do to meet our every need.
IMG_7046
So tomorrow we will hit the road on our long journey home to Memphis.  1400 miles with 2 little ones and a pregnant woman who needs to pee often may make for a difficult journey but this is what our year has been about...a journey....one we will forever hold in our hearts.

If you want to say a little prayer for us we would really appreciate it. Please pray for this: Untitled
and not this:
Untitled
See you soon Memphis!

2 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

This post made me happy and sad - a little bit of what you are feeling. Thankful for the Lord's provision and goodness in your lives this past year. Thankful you are making your way "home". Praying for inward AND outward peace as one journey ends and your new one begins. XO

Moms for Le Bonheur said...

We are praying! Hope the boys are doing a little more sleeping in the car than crying - love those two pictures!!!! What a wonderful year of experiences for all of you! So happy you are headed back and praying as Emilee said so well "for inward and outward peace as one journey ends and your new one begins..." love that!