Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, December 14, 2012

Five for Friday-daughter addition

I am about to have my first daughter and I am giddy, scared, eager, nervous, and thrilled all at the same time.  I know having a daughter is very different than having a son and I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to love her, teach her, and discipline her the way I should.  I am praying for discernment in my parenting with all my children and when I came across the article below I knew I had to hold onto it.  So here is my Five for Friday in regards to having a daughter in a few short weeks:

1.  Read this article...it hit home with me.  Especially #'s 1, 2, & 3.
#9 I would have added that Jesus can be your everything but I agree that not one single person can be your everything...only the one true Savior.

2.  I am the youngest of 3 with 2 older brothers so I feel like I have a little insight into what life may look like for baby sister.  My parents cultivated my spirit to be girly and sweet all while being tough and strong to keep up with my big brothers.  Hoping this little girl knows how very special and unique she is all while being able to handle her big brothers.

3.  I can't wait for the girly clothes...I am ecstatic about outfits like these next two.  How cute are these Brownie Goose Originals?
4.  I can't wait to do the girly things together like play with dolls, paint our nails, and do fun things with her hair.


5.  I also want to instill in her a love for others, herself, and most of all the Lord.

Happy Friday...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

How sweet! You're going to be an awesome girl mom! I wish H would sit still long enough for me to do some of those hair dos! Hope M has a great head of hair for you to play with!