We are still at Le Bonheur with Maggie but she is making a little improvement. She is on oxygen and receiving breathing treatments and suctioning around the clock. She did have a lumbar puncture yesterday morning because her blood culture came back positive for infection but the lumbar puncture culture proved that it is not a bacteria infection so we were able to stop the antibiotics. She continues to need the support from the oxygen and the deep suctioning. She is very tired and worn out from breathing so hard and the amount of poking and prodding they put you through at a hospital. We are so thankful for Le Bonheur and our Pediatrician Dr. Frizzell who had the quick insight to get us admitted to the hospital when he saw how badly she was struggling on Tuesday morning. It has brought back hard memories from our time there with Forrest but their 2 stories couldn't be more different. She is doing well and only needing limited support to get better. We are missing the boys like crazy as they are being passed from grandparent to grandparent but we know they are in good hands. We are truly so thankful for our family and also our friends who are loving us during this time. Almost immediately our precious friends sent emails, texts, FB messages asking how they could help. Truly a blessing! Please continue to pray:
1. Maggie would make great improvements and not need the extra support from oxygen and deep suctioning
2. She would receive the adquete rest she needs
3. She would continue to eat well. I am hopeful she will nurse again but right now she only prefers the breastmilk in the bottle because its easier to drink
4. Rest and peace for David and I
5. Improved health for the boys - they too are still fighting off this nasty virus
6. Stamina for the grandparents to keep up with our wild boys
7. Nothing new comes up for Maggie while we are there. That we only need to fight/worry about the flu and RSV.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!