Another random Five for Friday (actually Six for Saturday)
1. June brought the dreaded stomach bug 5 times...yes, 5 times! It was terrible. We had a rotation of boys on a pallet on our floor.
David and I also drank lots of grape juice. Its an old wives tail but we were willing to try anything to not get it and we never got it.
2. Sweet girl tried out the swing for the first time and loved it. It was a big hit.
3. I made my friend Candace's famous granola again the other day. Do yourself a favor, go buy the ingredients and make this. It is so good!
***Set the oven at 350 degrees
4 c. rolled old-fashioned oats
2 c. sweetened, shredded coconut
2 c. Sliced almonds
1 1/2 c. dried cherries sliced (I didn't do that b/c Hays doesn't like dried fruit in his but I always add them now and they're soooo good)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. honey
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
A good splash of vanilla extract (about a tsp.) & even a little more almond extract (1 1/2 tsp), a dash of apple pie spice and a dash of nutmeg. (I don't have almond extract or apple pie spice so I leave those out but I'm sure they would be delicious with both of those).
I just mix it all up and pour it on 2, lightly oiled sheet pans...to make sure it doesn't stick and cooks evenly. I let it bake for 10 minutes, turn it and then watch it for about 5-8 minutes. It's a fine line between lightly browned and burnt because of the honey and cherries (both taste burnt, if it bakes too long), so I wouldn't cook it another full 10 minutes after flipping it.
4. Miller finished the potty train about a month ago and has been doing awesome since! Once he decided for himself (very hard headed that one) that he would go on the potty than he did it all the time and by himself. He really has done great!
5. I have some future frat boys living at my house. Everytime they turn their hats around backwards I immediately fast forward to them as teenagers.
6. We took the family to Brother Junipers the other day to enjoy a delicious breakfast. Brother Junipers chose the Forrest Spence Fund as the non-profit of the month so we wanted to show them our support. The boys got a big kick out of seeing themselves and their Gigi on the poster.
Happy Saturday friends!