Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Balloon for Forrest

The boys brought home a balloon from the 5k with the Fund logo on it.  All on their own they decided they wanted to release the balloon to Heaven for Forrest to receive it.  They waited until David and I made it home from finishing up the 5k to release it.
DSC_0027 DSC_0029 DSC_0035
Untitled
DSC_0038
         DSC_0039 DSC_0044 DSC_0049


They both have the sweetest hearts about their brother.  That next Monday as I was driving the boys to school Austin said this to me in the car:
Austin: I stayed up later last night and the night of the race because I was thinking about Forrest.
Me: What were you thinking about with Forrest?
Austin: I was thinking how it would be fun if he was still here.  I would have liked having an older brother.  I miss him.

It warmed my heart while also breaking my heart.  He gets it...truly gets it.

No comments: