Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Happy 7th birthday Forrest

September 10, 2014...7 years from the day I first met my firstborn.  Some days it feels like yesterday and some days it feels so long ago.  September 1st always hits me like a ton of bricks...the race is over...school is back in session...routines have started...and it hits me that his birthday is coming quickly.  To say I am heartbroken every September is an understatement.  Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE birthdays and make a pretty big deal out of them...David would probably say I make too big of a deal out of them but I just can't help it.  I love to celebrate the day someone was born and it breaks my heart in two that I can't celebrate with Forrest.  We are still going to celebrate him by getting some balloons to release and take flowers to his gravesite but it just isn't the same.  My mind understands that he is in a far better place than we are but my heart is torn in two that I am seperated from him.

I heard a quote yesterday that spoke volumes to me.
"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world. -C.S. Lewis

I am thankful for a God that shouts in my pains because I need him everyday but especially today.
P9100063
The Song "Multiplied" by Need to Breathe has been playing on repeat lately in our home and the words are a comfort to me as I grieve for my son.  The words are below along with a video of the song.  I have surrended to His design and want His Halleluiahs to be multiplied.  His love is like radiant diamonds and has found us again and again.

Multiplied
by Need to Breathe

Your love is like radiant diamonds
Bursting inside us we cannot contain
Your love will surely come find us
Like blazing wild fires singing Your name

God of mercy sweet love of mine
I have surrendered to Your design
May this offering stretch across the skies
And these Halleluiahs be multiplied

Happy 7th birthday my precious son...tell Jesus to hold you tight today since your mommy can't.  I am so proud of you son...so very proud of you!