Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Austin's actual birthday

On Austin's actual birthday we started the day by enjoying my mother in law's famous pineapple biscuits.  David loves them and thought Austin would enjoy them too and was he right.  They are Austin's new favorite breakfast item. DSC_0001 DSC_0003 DSC_0005 DSC_0006
DSC_0008 DSC_0009 DSC_0012 DSC_0026 DSC_0029 Mommy: Austin, I can't believe you have to use 2 hands when people ask you how old you are. Austin: or I could just say "I'm six". Mommy: well, that's true.  Happy birthday to my precious 2nd born. Love this boy to the moon and back.
Later that morning Maggie and I picked up Gibson's donuts and dropped them off in his classroom.  That is what he chose for his special treat at school.  I then went back with Chicfila for lunch and ate lunch with him and then read his favorite book to his class.  I also had a chance to eat lunch with Miller and see him dressed up for western day.  After school we played and waited for daddy to come home to celebrate as a family.  Yaya and Gigi came over (so sad to realize I didn't take one picture of them with Austin) to help us celebrate.  We enjoyed dinner and then ice cream cake together.  Afterwards he opened presents from his family.  It was a great day for my big 6 year old!
DSC_0001 DSC_0003 DSC_0005 DSC_0007

No comments: