Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, September 5, 2014

Five for Friday

I have become a terrible blogger...I don't think anyone besides family really reads this anymore but I really want to keep doing a blog because it is my family scrapbook so I hope when life slows down a little I can recap the summer and get back on track this fall.

1.  I have been using all my nap and night times to paint this massive piece of furniture.  It was David's grandmother and we have used it in our dining room for 11 years but we are redoing our dining room and so don't need the piece in there.  It is a beautiful and solid piece so I decided to go the chalk paint route and it has been quite a lot!  I just painted the last coat today (3 cleanings, 2 coats of 1 color, 2 coats of the top color) and now have to distress and seal.  Hoping to be finished by the end of the weekend.  It is going up in Maggie's big girl room.
Untitled

2. Last weekend we used every train piece we owned and made a huge train set that went throughout the playroom. The boys decided that it needed a train station so they worked together and built one out of legos. I was really impressed with their creativity and cooperation.  It had seats for the people to wait for their trains and a coffee shop to get a coffee while you wait. =) Untitled

3.  Friends that we and the Forrest Spence Fund helped after losing their son Gabriel were interviewed last week by Fox 13 News.  They did a wonderful job sharing about Gabriel and their journey.  I am so proud of these friends.  Click here to watch the video.

4.  I love this picture of my little love...
DSC_0009

 5. And my biggest love...
DSC_0013

Happy Friday friends!!!

No comments: