Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, September 15, 2014

Celebrating Forrest's birthday

Last Wednesday was a nice day of celebrating our brother.  It was my one day where all 3 kids are in school all day so that gave me from 8:30-2:30 to have "me time".  I had a quick appointment at 9:00 and then spent time in Target, getting coffee with my best friend, getting a mani and pedi, purchasing the flowers and balloons and then picking the kids up from school.  After school we headed to the gravesite to take the flowers and release the balloons.  The kids were really excited about this and it being our new tradition.  This is new territory of trying to figure out the best way to include the kids in Forrest's anniversaries.  They want to celebrate him and not be sad so I am trying to do that with them.  I had many moments that day and week that I just broke down but I love that my boys helped me remember to "celebrate" our brother and his precious life instead of only grieve that he is gone.
DSC_0001 Untitled DSC_0005 DSC_0006 DSC_0008
The video of them releasing the balloons. I love seeing Maggie's excitement and if you watch towards the beginning that Maggie won't let hers go so Miller comes over and gently lets it go for her. DSC_0013 Afterwards we spent some time playing on "Forrest's tree" and running around a little. DSC_0014 DSC_0017 We then headed to Muddy's for some cupcakes and singing. Untitled Untitled A video of us singing Happy Birthday to Forrest.
After Muddy's we headed to church for church dinner and our Grace Group.  After church and putting the kids to bed we headed to Houston's for drinks, appetizer and a dessert.  Two of the couples in our Grace Group even called and paid for our meal.  It was a nice way to celebrate his life.

No comments: