Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Friday, August 29, 2014

Five for Friday

1. Send in the calvary...This has been a week...especially the last 3 days.  I have 3 kids with strep throat, 1 of the 3 kids also has a respiratory infection on top of the strep throat and is on breathing treatments every 4 hours and steroids.  Steroids make him crazy so that alone is putting me in the loony bin but then I have the other 2 who are sick.  I took all three to the doctor and all 3 received shots for strep throat...it was traumatic to say the least.  It was 3 shots that are done and over with but terrible for about an hour or giving 60 doses of medicine...what!?!  I took the shots!  I don't feel my best either so at 1:30 when I got all 3 down for naps, I cracked open a Mike's Hard Lemonade because that is all I could find in the fridge that I liked.  Top all that off...3 shakes bought to bribe kids to take shots...all 3 shakes spilled in mom's car...lots of tears over shakes, lots of not kind words said by mommy that I had to ask numerous times for forgiveness for...and a husband that has worked 3 out of 4 nights this week...I need the Calvary!!!Real life: it's 1:30 and I'm already drinking. I'm too lazy to make something else so I grabbed what's in the outside fridge. 3 kids with strep throat, 1 of those kids has a respiratory infection on top of strep throat, same kid is on steroids (omg!!!), 3

2.  We had a little ice cream date last Friday after school to celebrate we had finished the week.  I love all 4 of these little kiddos! Untitled

3. We are trying to enjoy the last few days of our pool being open. I love that all 3 of mine have become quite the little fish this summer. We will miss the pool! DSC_0083

4. I LOVE our school! Untitled

5. This little guy started piano lessons this week and he loved it. Finally something for just him to do. He is my little musician so I am excited to see what God has in store for his little life.
Happy Friday...hope your day and weekend is starting off better than mine.

No comments: