Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

...Orlando trip part II

On Thursday afternoon we headed to Magic Kingdom.  You can get discounts on tickets if you go after 4:00 so we decided to go that route for this trip.  It was perfect.  The boys took a good nap and then we jumped on the shuttle to Magic Kingdom.
IMG_5259
We immediately made our way to "It's a Small World". David and I loved this as a child so we thought Austin would love it as well and he did. His face was priceless. In awe of all the people, colors, sounds...it was wonderful. IMG_5272
Miller enjoyed it too.
IMG_5271
We then continued through Fantasyland and onto Tomorrowland where we rode the go carts. IMG_5276
Austin and I did this last September when we went and he was just as funny this time. He steers and I push the pedal and if your not careful, you will get whiplash. He laughs so hard as he slams us into everything.  We got out of the car and he turned to me and said, "Mom, I laughed so hard I peed in my pants", if thats not a sign of a good time than I don't know what is. =)  Luckily I had a spare pair of pants and underwear.
IMG_5283
David and Miller were behind us in their car. IMG_5288 IMG_5282
The castle was beautiful at night with lights that looked like icicles on it. It really was magical.
IMG_5290 IMG_5294
We asked someone to take our picture (we meant our whole family) and this is what we got. We just laughed at this one.
IMG_5300
On the way out we stopped at the gift shop to let them pick one thing. Austin picked a goofy stuffed animal and Miller picked a Mickey. Goofy and Mickey
We then stopped at the theater to make sure we saw Mickey and Minnie. IMG_5301
Austin was so excited! He wanted to show them his new Goofy and kept asking them where Goofy was.
IMG_5303 IMG_5305 IMG_5306
Miller liked them as well but only if he was in daddy's arms.  There was no way he was getting close to them without mom or dad holding him.
IMG_5302
So because of Miller not letting go of Daddy, we were all 4 in the picture. =) IMG_5310
Austin got in a few more hugs and kisses before we said goodbye. IMG_5314 IMG_5315 IMG_5320 IMG_5321
He told me later that Minnie kissed him and he liked it. It truly was a wonderful experience that I can't wait to do again. I am looking forward to the day where we really do a Disney trip...go numerous days to the park, where matching Disney shirts, and just live it up for a week.

Because Austin kept asking about Goofy we decided to do the character breakfast at our hotel on Saturday morning because Goofy and Pluto were supposed to be there. David was still at his conference so I took the boys by myself. I thought this was going to be wonderful (and towards the end it was) but they didn't like it at first. As soon as the Characters came into sight, both boys freaked out. Austin hid under the table and Miller screamed and cried. I didn't know what to do...I was trying to comfort both of them while figuring out what Austin was scared about. He finally told me he didn't like that Pluto could walk standing up and that Goofy had sharp teeth. After some encouragement and talks about neither being scary and that Goofy's teeth weren't sharp, just big, he finally warmed up to them. Miller would laugh and smile if they were far away but if they came close, he would scream and cry.  After a while they were ok with him coming close as long as I was right there.  It took about an hour for them to finally get a picture with him.IMG_5375
After Austin warmed up to Goofy he wanted to take a picture with Pluto before we left.
  IMG_5377 IMG_5378
We got to see my dad and his wife our first and last day.  Our first night they joined us for dinner at our restaurant.
At lights At the hotel
Our last day they met up with us at the hotel and had ice cream with us.  My dad and Miller shared cookies and cream.
IMG_5401 IMG_5402 IMG_5400
You can tell by these next 2 pictures that it was a great trip with wonderful memories made. IMG_5404 IMG_5405

3 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Oh my goodness! What an AWESOME time! Your post brought up so many wonderful memories of our own Disney trip and made me want to take the kids again!!! We rode "It's a Small World" 5+ times they loved it so much. And I cried at every character meeting - it was just that "real" to them and they were so star-struck. (OK - I was 6 months pregnant, so I was already emotional.) I am laughing so hard at Austin peeing his pants (been there) and the picture of your "family" and your description of the character breakfast! Hilarious! So thankful for your very wonderful vacation!

Laura Sessions said...

Loved reading this! We are laughing about Austin not liking Pluto standing up...hilarious! Glad that y'all had such good family time.

Moms for Le Bonheur said...

So awesome and fun! I am laughing so hard about to pee in MY pants about the Pluto and Goofy story! Priceless, so glad you have this to remember all those wonderful moments! So fun, makes me think Disney is worth doing in small bites - we haven't done it yet! Thanks for the tips - going after 4:00 sounds like a great idea!