Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

6 years...

How has it been 6 years since I first laid eyes on my beautiful baby boy?  What a gift he was and is to our lives.  Oh how we miss him and long to be reunited with him but how very thankful we are for his little life.
DSCN0567

There is a song by Matt Maher called "Lord, I Need You" and it speaks so strongly to me.  It reminds me of our time in the PICU when I couldn't have survived without the Lord.  Oh how I needed Him then and still need Him now.  I needed Him every hour, He was my one defense, my righteousness.  I still need Him today, 6 years later when I am still heartbroken and missing my son.  

The lyrics are:


Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Where sin runs deep Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, You're my hope and stay

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

You're my one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

   
I miss my baby boy more than words can express but I am so thankful to know he is in Heaven where I will see him again and spend eternity with him.

Read my post from 2 years ago to get a full understanding of what those 55 days were like.

5 comments:

Laura Sessions said...

Love you sweet friend. Praying for y'all. So thankful for precious Forrest.

Halley Williams said...

Happy birthday sweet Forrest! We love you so much and are so thankful for your sweet life on earth, and your even sweeter life in Heaven. Forrest is such a gift, and The Lord is using the gift of his life to change the lives of others. Love y'all so much! Praying for you today!

Cozy Coleman said...

This sweet boy was such a gift to so many. Thinking of y'all today!

lindley said...

Thankful for your faith, you, Forrest and the rest of your sweet family! Love to you!!

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Forrest is such a precious part of our lives and I am so thankful for him. Praying for you and your family. XO