Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thinking of him...

I'm missing him today...I heard this song a while back and immediately thought of Forrest.  Steven Curtis Chapman understands the deep grief that goes with losing a child.

With Hope
This is not at all how 

We thought it was supposed to be 

We had so many plans for you 

We had so many dreams 

And now you've gone away 

And left us with the memories of your smile 

And nothing we can say 

And nothing we can do 

Can take away the pain 

The pain of losing you, but ...
We can cry with hope 

We can say goodbye with hope 

'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no 

And we can grieve with hope 

'Cause we believe with hope 

(There's a place by God's grace) 

There's a place where we'll see your face again 

We'll see your face again
And never have I known 

Anything so hard to understand 

And never have I questioned more 

The wisdom of God's plan 

But through the cloud of tears 

I see the Father's smile and say well done 

And I imagine you 

Where you wanted most to be 

Seeing all your dreams come true 

'Cause now you're home 

And now you're free, and ...
We have this hope as an anchor 

'Cause we believe that everything 

God promised us is true, so ...
We wait with hope 

And we ache with hope 

We hold on with hope 

We let go with hope

-Stephen Curtis Chapman

Hope is definitely something we hold onto.  We know we will see his face again and what a reunion that will be.  He's home...what a beautiful image to think about.  He's home where he belongs...with his Father...his Creator.  
P9100063
Come quickly Jesus...

5 comments:

Molly Witherington said...

he was so handsome, Brittany. I can only imagine what he looks like now if he was that precious on earth!!!

Moms for Le Bonheur said...

Thinking of you today, sweet friend. Beautiful song and such a beautiful boy. Wish I could write something that would make you feel better today.... just know you are so well loved, held so tightly and so dearly by so many here on earth, but especially by our graceful and loving God. Praying the ache eases some today...

Abby said...

God bless you family, Brittany! I don't have any words for you, but just said a prayer.
love, Abby

alicia harrison said...

Every one of his songs speaks to me for sure. I love that on. Jonathan loves heaven is the face of a little girl and for you its a handsome little boy! AMEN to Come quickly Jesus!! I say that all the time!

The Rohman Family said...

Sweet, sweet Forrest. I can say without hesitation that he changed my life. My prayer life, my walk with Christ, Forrest strengthened it. Praying for you today.