Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Boston part 2

Boston Part 1

Thursday morning my good friend Kelly picked me up from our B&B for a fun girls morning.  We met Audra and her beautiful new baby Vivi at Starbucks and then did a little shopping on Newbury.  Audra had to leave a little early to relieve the baby sitter so Kelly and I stayed and had a wonderful lunch together.  It was so wonderful to spend quality time with these 2 ladies.  I was so blessed to become so close to them while I lived there and our friendships have continued to grow even living so far a part.
Untitled Untitled
After lunch with the girls David met me on Newbury and we walked around a little more and then headed back to our B&B for a nap.  We took it easy that afternoon and evening and enjoyed dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Brookline, the Publix House while watching the Red Sox game.

On Friday we moved our stuff into the Fairmont Hotel in the middle of Copley Square.  We wanted our last 2 nights to be a nice hotel so this was a treat.  Our hotel was right next to this beautiful church and little outdoor food market.Untitled Untitled
Unfortunately on Friday morning David woke up with some GI issues so he decided to lay low at the hotel while I walked around the city.  That afternoon I did some shopping and then walked to my friends house to hug the necks and meet new babies of my friends.  I am so sad I didn't take one picture of our time together but it was great to see Stephanie and her 2 boys, Sarah and her 3 boys, and Audra and her 2 girls and a boy.  Thankful that Audra hosted all of us.

On Saturday I slept till noon...yes, noon!  It was amazing!  I haven't done that since college.  Poor David was dying to get out since he had been stuck in the hotel room all day on Friday but he was so sweet to keep letting me sleep.  Once I got up and moving we headed towards the Boston Public Gardens and slowly walked around.  This is hands down one of my favorite places in Boston.  It's truly beautiful.
UntitledUntitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Everyone and everything was rooting for the Red Sox to win the World Series. Untitled   Untitled  Untitled Untitled Untitled
We then had a very late brunch at one of my all time favorite restaurants...the Paramount.  They once again didn't disappoint with the delicious caramel banana french toast and fruit and yogurt granola.  All amazing!
Untitled
We then walked through the Boston Commons and all through downtown to the waterfront.  It was a gorgeous day so perfect to walk everywhere.
Untitled
We met up with my gorgeous friend Christine at a park by the waterfront.  I LOVED meeting her newest little guy and hugging her neck.  She is a treasure in my life and I loved reconnecting with her.Untitled
David and I then spent a while walking around the waterfront and taking in all the beautiful sites.  I miss being near water in Memphis.  There is something about looking at water and it instantly calming me.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
UntitledUntitled
We went back to the hotel to freshen up and headed towards another favorite area...the Southend.  We started the night at the Beehive with wonderful drinks.  The Beehive's mint julep is one of my favorite drinks ever.  So good to have it again.
Untitled Untitled
We then walked to Boston Chops for our yummy dinner of steaks and truffle fries (again...we love truffle fries).  One thing we loved about Boston was that you walked or rode public transportation everywhere so it was safe and fun to hop around to different restaurants while you ate and drank.  You didn't have to worry about driving anywhere.
Untitled
After dinner we walked to Max Brenner for dessert.  So yummy!
Untitled
Sunday morning we woke up and headed towards another favorite spot...Flour.  We enjoyed breakfast and coffee before we started our last day.
Untitled
We decided to end the day by renting bikes from the Hubway and biking to the Esplanade and down Storrow, across the Charles River, and finishing up in Cambridge.  It was gorgeous and a great way to end our trip.
Untitled
UntitledUntitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
This tree was a favorite spot for our family to take a picnic and enjoy eating out on the Esplanade.
Untitled Untitled    Untitled Untitled
We returned our bikes to the Hubway station in Cambridge and then walked around and shopped a little.  We made sure to stop in the Curious George store to buy a few little gifts for the kids.  David's aunt then picked us up in Cambridge to drive us back to the hotel to get our stuff and to the airport.
Untitled
It was a wonderful trip that I am so thankful we were able to do.  We are thankful to the grandparents for watching the kids so we could enjoy time just the 2 of us.  Very needed!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

beautiful pictures brittany! what a wonderful vacation!!!