Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, November 11, 2013

Please come to Boston in the Spring Time...

I have always loved that song because it has some of my favorite cities in it...Boston, Denver, but my home is TN.  Love that!

Our trip to Boston was amazing!!!  Really, really wonderful.  It was so good to get away just the 2 of us.  It had been over a year since we had done that so it was such a treat.

We flew in on Tuesday evening and my close friend Kelly picked us up from the airport.  We stopped by her apartment to see her precious daughter and wonderful husband and then she took us to our bed and breakfast.  It was a cute little B&B right in the middle of everything. Untitled
We walked over to the Liberty Hotel and walked around (it's gorgeous) and then enjoyed our favorite meal of the week at Scampo.
Untitled Untitled
We split a delicious pizza, truffle fries, and butternut squash ravoli.  It was divine.    Untitled
David spent all of Wednesday at the Children's Hospital for his conference so I slept in a little and then walked a few blocks to our old church to attend my old bible study.

Untitled
It was such a treat to be back at the church and study that I grew so much and fell in love with so many incredible women from all ages and backgrounds. Untitled Untitled
After bible study I went to lunch with my old bible study leader, Carolee. She took me to the Omni Parker House. It was delicious as well.
Untitled
I had nothing but time that day so I walked slowly through some of my favorite parts of the city.
Guess where I am?  One of my favorite cities in the world!  #nokids Untitled Untitled Untitled
That afternoon I decided to rent a bike instead of taking the T to meet up with David and our good friends the Meduri's because it was game 1 of the World Series and I knew it was going to be crazy on the T. My basket was packed full of stuff that David needed but I loved riding through one of my favorite parts of Boston...the Esplanade and Charles River. Truly gorgeous. Untitled Untitled
For weeks David had been saying that if the Red Sox made it to the World Series that we were going because we would be there at the same time. I would listen and nod yes but didn't think it would really happen but guess what...it did and it was amazing!!! Truly a bucket list item! We bought tickets with our great friends the Meduri's and had an incredible night. Untitled
We started the night with drinks and appetizers at a bar right next door to Fenway and the excitement was contagious. Everyone was in great spirits and having the best time. Untitled
After drinks we headed into the game. Untitled Untitled Untitled
While we were living in Boston we went to a few games but because we would get $5 tickets we would have to wait to get in until after the 1st inning so I had never experienced the beginning of a game. It was so much fun too. Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Go Red Sox! Untitled Untitled
The game was incredible!  The Red Sox played awesome so that made the experience even more amazing!  A funny story from the game: in one of the earlier innings a foul ball went flying.  It wasn't anywhere near our seats but I still proceeded to yell as loud as I could, "Git it David" with David drawn out in typical TN fashion.  A couple innings later another foul ball went flying (again no where near us) and our entire section started yelling, "Git it David" just like I had.  It was hilarious!  My TN accent was obviously very strong in that moment.  The rest of the game each foul ball the crowd around us would yell that.  It was truly such a fun game topped off with the fact that they WON!!!
Untitled Untitled Untitled
Afterwards we waited around for a little bit while they taped ESPN outside of Fenway. Untitled
Round 2 of Boston.

No comments: